[Owasp-leaders] DB encryption (here: MySQL)

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Tue Mar 12 17:50:43 UTC 2013

On 12 Mar 2013, at 17:43, Dirk Wetter wrote:

> There seems to be no such thing as a best practice guide.

Funny, because I thought it was: encrypt in transit, and encrypt at
rest…

> Any hints?

Gazzang has been looking like the 'right way to go' from what I have
been reading about:
http://www.gazzang.com/products/zncrypt

However, I have no experience with it - so I can not speak with any
authority.

Does anybody have any experience with this kind of strategy?

dennis

--
[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc
[Email me](mailto:dennis.groves at owasp.org) or [schedule a

*This email is licensed under a [CC BY-ND
3.0](http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/deed.en_GB) license.*

**Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents.**
Send [OpenDocument](http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/) instead!
Stand up for your freedom to install [free
software](http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot/statement).