[Owasp-leaders] "Is it me or has the OWASP website just fallen into disarray?"

Rory McCune rorym at nmrconsult.net
Sun Mar 10 19:27:55 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I thought I'd chip in on this, as I've been involved in the past, albeit
not recently.

I'd agree with Jim that a new homepage and re-organisation is needed.  The
challenge seems (to me) to be that the wiki format, whilst good
for collaboratively developing content isn't necessarily the best format
for "brochureware" style content which is what is needed for people outside
of the core contributor community to be able to easily find and get to the
information they need.

If asked my opinion I'd go back to the intention I had  (well it's
predictable that I'd say that :oP ) which would be to have a brochureware
site done as static HTML or using a CMS which is designed to let people
find the information they want quickly and keep the wiki as the place where
projects are developed.

What I think should be on the brochureware site is recently released (as
the reddit post says last year or two) projects which are considered
"release quality", organised by interest group (e.g. the
builder/breaker/defender paradigm) along with information about chapters
and conferences.

However again from my experience I'd suggest that getting agreement on an
overall approach is key before doing much development work on a solution

Cheers

Rory