[Owasp-leaders] The OWASP Periodic Table Project

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Tue Mar 5 21:31:49 UTC 2013

>> * Other odd ball contexts need their own love, probably along the
>> lines of IV.
>
> Would love to see some examples.
>
> And in general, input validation is great secure coding hygiene
> practice and does indeed stop some injection (like when validating
> numeric input that lands in a query). But to stop SQL Injection, it's
> all about query parametrization (and proper design) for complete
> defense.

Is that because your thinking of remediation and we are thinking of root
cause?
In my mind root cause and remediation are not the same, one is a how
(solution) the other is the why (reason). And I unfortunately, can not
think of any examples. :/

Dennis

--
[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc
[Email me](mailto:dennis.groves at owasp.org) or [schedule a

*This email is licensed under a [CC BY-ND
3.0](http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/deed.en_GB) license.*

**Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents.**
Send [OpenDocument](http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/) instead!
Stand up for your freedom to install [free
software](http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot/statement).