[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Canada - meta-chapter activities

Zac Fowler zfowler at unomaha.edu
Tue Jun 25 16:42:28 UTC 2013

Yvan,

In Omaha we've been recording our sessions using Google Hangouts "On Air" feature.  This gives us a live presentation which many more than 10, and then the presentation drops right into our OWASP Omaha youtube channel.  We can edit from there as needed.  We're still getting are presentation hardware figured out, but otherwise it works very well.

We have not done our hangout as an interactive workshop yet, only as a lecture format presentation.  We may explore that area if we get a lot of interest.

Note from G+ Hangouts FAQ:
                http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1261833
"Hangouts are limited to 10 video conference participants, with no time limit. You can also use Hangouts On Air to broadcast a hangout to many more people, though there is still a limit of 10 active participants." [emp added]

Hope this helps!!

-Zac
OWASP Omaha