[Owasp-leaders] CMU Risk Study, please participate!

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Fri Jun 21 05:08:54 UTC 2013

On behalf of CERT (http://www.cert.org/) at Carnegie Mellon University,
I’m looking for volunteers to participate in an online study that
seeks to understand how IT professionals assess network risk. Details
about the study purpose are provided below.

This short survey hosted by Survey Gizmo should take you approximately
20 minutes to complete (see link below). Try not to contemplate the
answers to these questions for long periods of time; quick responses are
encouraged.

Study link:
http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1283568/Perceptions-of-Contextual-Network-Risk

Participant requirements: 1. Must be at least 20 years old. 2. Must have
some work experience or knowledge about network security.

Background Study Information: This is a study that seeks to understand
what information you think is important to formulating a perception of
network risk. Computed network risk may be very different from how
network professionals actually perceive network risk. In addition, two
people who work within the same network might have different viewpoints
about network risk. Which perspective is most accurate? We would like to
study these problems in order to improve risk management models.

In this study, you will review a short description of a network and
answer questions about your interpretation of network risk. Keep in mind
that there are no wrong answers in this survey; we are trying to
understand your personal opinions with respect to network risk. We know
that your answers depend on certain network circumstances; some of which
we were unable to include in our study without confounding the study
results. Once you review the consent form and the instructions, the
study should take you approximately 20 minutes to complete.

There is no risk to participating in this research study. We will not
ask you for personally identifying information and in order to respect
your privacy, we ask that you do not provide identifying information in
your responses. However, we do ask you for some basic demographic
information about your occupation. You will be compensated for your
participation; instructions for how to be compensated will be provided
once you complete the entire study.

Please understand that this is only an invitation and you are neither
expected, nor required to participate but we would be grateful for any
help you can provide. We would also appreciate it if you pass this
invitation on to fellow colleagues.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send a message to
surveygizmo-users at sei.cmu.edu.

--
[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc
[Email me](mailto:dennis.groves at owasp.org) or [schedule a