[Owasp-leaders] Developers vs. Security Pros

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Thu Jun 20 02:50:40 UTC 2013

Hiya,

just to give some different data:
at our last OWASP EUTour Day in London, I asked the same question and it
turned out we had about 90% devs in the room of about 70-80 people and
only a handful of pen testers. Which was lucky as my talks are usually
tailored for devs and mgmt. ;-)

I guess there are two reasons for that:
first in London I think we have already a nice mix of pen testers and
devs in the normal community and second for promoting the OWASP Day we
engaged external dev&IT communities for spreading the word. In general,
dev communities are much bigger, so even if you attract only the 2-5%
security minded guys it can be a big push.

Best regards, Tobias