[Owasp-leaders] Developers vs. Security Pros

Ryan Barnett ryan.barnett at owasp.org
Tue Jun 18 21:15:28 UTC 2013

We have the same issue attracting the Defender community -
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Defenders

We need to attract more folks from Security Operations ­ the people that are
responsible for defending the apps once they are pushed to production.  From
experience, these are usually made up of:
* Web server admins
* Infrastructure Security personnel (Firewall, IDS, IPS and WAF)
* IR/Forensic Teams
We need to have focused efforts to reach these folks and make sure they
better understand the threats and what they can, can't and should do to
help.

-Ryan

From:  Patrick Laverty <patrick.laverty at owasp.org>
Date:  Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:08 PM