[Owasp-leaders] Appsec USA 2014 Proposals

David (dmalloc) dmalloc at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 18 21:01:51 UTC 2013

Fabio Cerullo wrote:
> Agree with Tom.
>
> For an Appsec Conference there should be a track record of at least one
> regional event being held by the soliciting chapter.

I am not quite sure what a "track record" has to do with the ability to
hold a successful event? Event location, event timing and event content
are a lot more important that previous attempts at holding events. There
might be exceptionally talented organizers in that group which have
simply not been utilized in the past.

As a Canadian I can tell you I would neither fly to Omaha nor Denver for
such an event, because getting there and back is a bitch.

-d