[Owasp-leaders] Appsec USA 2014 Proposals

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Tue Jun 18 20:53:25 UTC 2013

Tom -

 I definitely agree with you.  The FROC team has a lot of experience
planning a conference, not to mention the success of their past events ;-)
 Having an experienced event team is one of the key "Pre-requisites" that I
would ideally like to see as part of the future scoring criteria for
hosting an AppDec event. We aren't always able to get an experienced team,
but in my 2+ years with OWASP working on events, the event planning and
execution goes more smoothly and is more successful when you have not only
a volunteer team with experience but  also have an area where OWASP has an
established presence with local supporters and other people who will help
drive the event.

The Omaha team restarted their chapter earlier this year and has a lot of
great energy, and I think it would be best for them to start with a
local/regional event in 2014 and then move to a global event in 2015.  As
far as I know they haven't held an event before.

Since we don't have concrete criteria currently in place, it seemed most
"fair" to the Omaha team to not just award the event to Denver, but open
the comments/votes to the community.

Regards,
Sarah

--