[Owasp-leaders] Developers vs. Security Pros

Edgar Salazar edgar.salazar at owasp.org
Tue Jun 18 20:43:30 UTC 2013

Patrick, great your comments.

The same has happened in my country, but we have realized that the public
we want in our chapter and our conference have to coexist both software
developers and security professionals.

OWASP is apparently more popular, web app penetration test subjects, which
secure development issues.

To finish with this:

1) At the conference, we have the same number of papers on security testing
and secure software development.
2) We have related to the software development community in universities.
3) We are constantly making the invitation to developers to participate in
our chapter.

Finally:

The number of active developers in the community has grown, while not
exceeding the number of people who are dedicated to safety testing but we
have seen how the developers have shown much interest when exposed to open
space on secure development.

Sorry for my English, it's bad.

Greetings.

--