[Owasp-leaders] Developers vs. Security Pros

Eoin eoin.keary at owasp.org
Tue Jun 18 20:41:09 UTC 2013

Dude,
Totally agree with you.
This is similar to most security conferences. Preaching to the choir.
Sure if you look at some of the training offered at various conferences over 50% is hacking etc as opposed to developing secure software. But hacking is sexy right!! When I did the testing guide it was easy to get help, not so easy with the code review guide, not as sexy. But it's easier to break than to build well.
So question is how to engage the developer community in a better way?

Manico and my (free) training is an attempt to engage with devs and has worked to some degree but we have no way to measure impact. :)

Eoin Keary
Owasp Global Board
+353 87 977 2988