[Owasp-leaders] Appsec USA 2014 Proposals

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Tue Jun 18 19:45:46 UTC 2013

All -
We have received an additional proposal for AppSec USA 2014 from the Omaha,
Nebraska Chapter.  So, now that we have 2 proposals to consider (Denver and
Omaha)  I think it is appropriate to have an open comment and vote on the
about the two proposals.

In the future, as Eoin noted in his original email, we need to develop some
scoring criteria for proposals.  Since time is of the essence though with
the AppSec USA proposals and I don't think it is fair to set scoring
criteria AFTER the submissions have been received, I think the best way to
handle this is to have an open voting.  I have included some previous
AppSec conference hosts on this thread hoping they will weigh in on any
considerations or thoughts on the proposals, base on their past
experiences.

*I have set up this google moderator page for voting
https://www.google.com/moderator/#15/e=20c908&t=20c908.41 *
*
*
*We will be accepting votes until the end of the day FRIDAY, JUNE 21.*

*Information on the two proposals:*

*DENVER, CO*
*Submission from Snofroc Team (Denver & Boulder Chapters) -  *
https://ocms.owasp.org/events/230/

   - Team leads: Mark Major & Steve Kosten
   - Presentation (Why Denver?)
   https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/file/d/0B5cq5xuMqNYSRWlUbUZSckhNMlk/edit?usp=sharing
   - Budget -
   https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apcq5xuMqNYSdHMyUnAwaDBlQ1Nxa3AyWDEwN0Zya3c#gid=0

*OMAHA, NE*
Submission from Omaha Chapter -- https://ocms.owasp.org/events/231/

   - Team leads: Fred Donovan and Rob Temple
   - Presentation (Why Omaha?)
   https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/file/d/0B6ftS9CyBPmqYThQR1NPYko4Yjg/edit?usp=sharing
   - Budget -
   https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/file/d/0B6ftS9CyBPmqaTgwdXdteWpzd2c/edit?usp=sharing

Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and feedback!

Regards,
Sarah Baso

--
Executive Director