[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] Appsec EU & USA 2014

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Mon Jun 17 23:47:55 UTC 2013

Paolo -

All OWASP Events (local, regional, global, promotional, and partner events)
must be submitted through the OWASP Conference Management System (OCMS) -
https://ocms.owasp.org/

Some things to consider before sending in an application for a global
appsecL

·  First, *review the How to Host a conference page* (
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/How_to_Host_a_Conference).  This page hosts
a variety of information about planning an OWASP event, as well as various
requirements and policies that have been put in place by the foundation to
govern Global AppSec Conferences.
·  *Gather a small team together who are interested in working the
event.*  Trust
us, you can’t do it all yourself.
·  Work with your local planning team to *acquire some basic information
(location, tentative dates, possible venues, costs, theme, etc) about your
event.  *
·  Prepare a *rough budget plan* using the OWASP Budget Planning Tool (
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Conference_Budget_Planning_Tool).  We
understand that you may not have quotes and good estimates for all of the
budget items but please put forward the best information you have.
·  Some events have chosen to put together a *short presentation* describing
the organizing committee, previous conference experience, existing local
supporting organizations, local attractions, access to transportation,
local culture and more. In general, these are presentations to 'pitch' your
city to the committee. Examples of successful presentations
http://bit.ly/i9rgA1 andhttp://bit.ly/gsA2wI.
·  *Submit your application at *https://ocms.owasp.org/

Regards,
Sarah Baso