[Owasp-leaders] [Governance] Membership funds

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Tue Jun 11 18:56:20 UTC 2013

On 11 Jun 2013, at 9:40, Sarah Baso wrote:

> I agree that this is an ok approach that would make it much easier for
> projects and chapters to access funds. So where would the funding for
> these
> "buckets" come from? Should we eliminate some of the other funding
> designations in the budget?
>
> Open to ideas...

I think it makes sense from an operations stand point as well because
there would be less to manage; if all the money was designated for
'community development' and perhaps as many as a dozen active
participants were drawing from that bucket - you still have much less
work than carving it up into 193 chapters and 158 projects and managing
each like a separate bank account.

Dennis
--
[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc