[Owasp-leaders] universities teaching secure development

Martin Knobloch martin.knobloch at owasp.org
Sun Jun 9 13:57:21 UTC 2013

This is a great list and starting point to do the University Outreach once
more!
We do have the OWASP Blue Book, *The OWASP Application Security Code of
Conduct for Educational Institutions:*
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Codes_of_Conduct

Doing this properly, we can extend the list of OWASP Educational supporters:

   - What is: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Academic_Supporter
   - List of: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Academic_Supporters

By addressing the Universities not yet being part of OWASP and getting the
local chapters in touch!
I am more then glad to help!

Cheers,
-martin

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM, James Walden <james.walden at gmail.com> wrote:

> While the list of universities teaching secure development in the US is
> short today, it should expand with the new ACM/IEEE 2013 curriculum
> standard, which mandate secure development across the curriculum.  The
> standards should be finalized by the end of the year.
>
> Thinking of university education, is anyone else attending CISSE 2013 (
> http://www.cisse.info/) this week?
>
> On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 7:19 AM, Martin Knobloch <martin.knobloch at owasp.org
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> How can I assist?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -martin
>>

>> On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Tom Brennan - OWASP <
>> tomb at proactiverisk.com> wrote:
>>
>>> David, thank you for working on this effort; I do not have a answer for
>>> your question however your question does invoke a mapping of the membership
>>> list posted on the OWASP website to the list and logical inquiry to
>>>  Membership & Projects. Martin Knobloch is a very a active education
>>> advocate and I would not be surprised if someone has already conducted
>>> analyst on this demographic for a related OWASP Project
>>>
>>> OWASP-Leaders your help is requested.
>>>

>>> On Jun 8, 2013, at 9:02 AM, David Kadow <david.kadow at owasp.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Quick question: ( this is for the "Come to AppSecUSA" powerpoint I'm
>>> composing )
>>>
>>> There are approximately 4,000 universities in the U.S., with enrollment
>>> of over 17 million students. Do you know how many universities actually
>>> teach secure development ? In 30 minutes and 13 pages of google results I
>>> find less than 40 ( results below )
>>>
>>> arizona.edu
>>> asu.edu
>>> auburn.edu