[Owasp-leaders] Membership funds

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Fri Jun 7 08:37:11 UTC 2013

On 7 Jun 2013, at 1:09, vanderaj vanderaj wrote:

> Although it would be nice to make it easier for funds to spend the
> money,
> folks need to remember there's an overhead to maintaining funds in a
> "not
> for profit" - it doesn't mean no profit, it means the main aim is not
> profit.

The definition of a non-profit is an organisation that uses surplus
revenues to achieve its goals rather than distributing them as profit or
dividends.

I think we need to aim for profiting and profiting wildly, so we can
invest that income into further our goals.

Dennis
--
[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc
[Email me](mailto:dennis.groves at owasp.org) or [schedule a