[Owasp-leaders] [Governance] Membership funds

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Thu Jun 6 19:09:27 UTC 2013

Hello All,

We should be removing bureaucracy not creating it. The money is there
for the purposes of *enabling* the community.

We have two issues that should be kept very separate:

1) Are the chapters (need a plan) willing to foot the bill to hire a
conference director? I think most chapters would be willing to
participate in this because it is so vital to the communities continued
existence.

2) Do we want to change the policy on the split between the chapters and
the organisation? I don't think we are ready to tell a good story about
how and why we should do this; unless it looks a great deal like what
Dinis proposed.  More thinking needs to be done, before we open this up
for wider discussions.

Cheers,

Dennis

--