[Owasp-leaders] OWASP "Certification"

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Sat Jul 6 22:31:04 UTC 2013

All-
I am working with the board and following up with OWASP china and Sangfor
on this.  As far as I know at this point there has been no endorsement (or
even owasp corporate membership from them).

Mohd- you are correct in referring them to the OWASP site noting that we do
not endorse any product or vendor.

Best,
Sarah Baso

On Jul 6, 2013, at 3:11 PM, Mohd Fazli Azran <fazli at owasp.org> wrote:

Dear all,

We mention to Sangfor at their official Facebook regarding this certified
product because it related to Sangfor Malaysia. We asking how they got the
certificate and who was endorse their product. They said they get certified
by "OWASP China". We show to them at OWASP official page that OWASP never
endorse any product or vendor.

Many of our member asking it that true Sangfor are certified partner for
OWASP because Sangfor Malaysia selling their product using OWASP name.
Lastly Sangfor official Facebook remove their advertisement at Facebook but
not at their official web.

Need our friend from OWASP China to verified it that true Sangfor get from
OWASP China. We need to clear this before they selling OWASP name and
confuse people. Thanks

--
Mohd Fazli Azran
OWASP Malaysia Chapter Leader <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Malaysia>