[Owasp-leaders] OWASP "Certification"

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Wed Jul 3 08:40:17 UTC 2013

On 3 Jul 2013, at 1:33, martin.knobloch at owasp.org wrote:

> Dennis,
>
> I have been talking with brand-watching people for major companies.
> Just to hire a  solicitor or lawyer is just the visual top of the ice
> berg what you have to deal with!
>
> To sell the brand will not prevent the abusage!

Agreed. I imagine it is like a leaking Kitchen faucet. It starts out
simple enough, stop the drip. But it ends up costing $30k because it
caused a cascade of events which result in a kitchen remodel.

Again, it is just a single suggestion for how we may capture some of
that value we leave at the table. The purpose is capture that value to
further enable the OWASP mission. I am open to ideas for others.

> As I see this, the community is very active in detecting abuse of the
> OWASP brand.
> We need a transparent process to report possible abusage and handling
> those!

Cheers,

--
[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc