[Owasp-leaders] OWASP "Certification"

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Wed Jul 3 08:33:59 UTC 2013

On 3 Jul 2013, at 1:27, Tobias Glemser wrote:

> Hi Dennis,
>
> first of all thanks for your detailed answer.
>
> Of course OWASP needs money to be able to move on. If we have a money
> problem, we have to address the issue. I expect the criticality has
> never been that obvious (at least to me).

Thanks Tobias.

>> As a community I believe we need to accept the fact that when OWASP
>> profits, we are all in a much better position to pursue our
>> altruistic mission.
>>
> We do, it's just the question how. I don't think this is a TRUE/FALSE
> decision on the question if licensing is the right way, there has to
> be a discussion and I'm happy we have this discussion now. I see the
> risk we lose the brands integrity aka value if we start licensing it.
> If we lose the brands value, we've lost everything.

Agree, it is a very slippery slope that I suggested. And I don't pretend
to have any answers - I am just making a single suggestion. I think it
is important to start asking the question.

> I'd be happy if we address this risk and start making an opinion.

I agree.

--
[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc
[Email me](mailto:dennis.groves at owasp.org) or [schedule a