[Owasp-leaders] OWASP "Certification"

Tobias Glemser tobias.glemser at owasp.org
Wed Jul 3 08:27:01 UTC 2013

Hi Dennis,

first of all thanks for your detailed answer.

Of course OWASP needs money to be able to move on. If we have a money problem, we have to address the issue. I expect the criticality has never been that obvious (at least to me).

> As a community I believe we need to accept the fact that when OWASP
> profits, we are all in a much better position to pursue our altruistic mission.
We do, it's just the question how. I don't think this is a TRUE/FALSE decision on the question if licensing is the right way, there has to be a discussion and I'm happy we have this discussion now. I see the risk we lose the brands integrity aka value if we start licensing it. If we lose the brands value, we've lost everything.

I'd be happy if we address this risk and start making an opinion.

Tobias

P.S.: Congrats to Josh for raising this huge amount of money. Our chapter raised ~30k EUR last year by our conference so yes: All chapters can learn from each other so maybe we should check the chapter handbook if we can improve.