[Owasp-leaders] OWASP "Certification"

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Tue Jul 2 21:02:59 UTC 2013

This is really great, it is essentially free marketing for OWASP.

However, this is an example of how we fail to capture value. What is
lost is an opportunity to license the use of the 'OWASP' brand - which
is one way we have historically left money on the table. (Samantha's
Idea...)

A non-profit can not exist on handouts alone; that is we will be
bankrupt before long if we keep asking for sponsorships. This is why it
is **critical** we start acting like a proper business, and move to
profit generating revenue models.

Cheers,
Dennis

--