[Owasp-leaders] OWASP "Certification"

Ofer Shezaf ofer at shezaf.com
Tue Jul 2 17:06:44 UTC 2013

Rip,

I assume being an NGFW and not a WAF, SANGFOR fiction is about the OWASP top 10 (which is usually the case) rather than WAFEC. WAFEC or not, it is still a fiction and quite an annoying one. In my mind it is worse than brand rip off as they claim we did some certification process for them which never occurred.

We do need to distinguish between SANGFOR piece of fiction and companies evaluating themselves against WAFEC. At the end of the day, the goal of WAFEC (“Web Application Firewall Evaluation Criteria”) is to provide a tool for evaluating (but not certifying). We do not certify, but we encourage others, including customers and vendors, to evaluate WAFs using it. I did see some evaluations out there by vendors that I did not agree with, but as long as they say it is self-evaluation, I see no brand issue around it.

~ Ofer

发件人: Owasp<eoin.keary at owasp.org <mailto:eoin.keary at owasp.org> >