[Owasp-leaders] AppSec In Africa

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Wed Feb 27 11:13:42 UTC 2013

On 25 Feb 2013, at 6:57, David Montero wrote:

> I'd like to contribute with speakers from OWASP Andalucia. If you need
> anything only mailing me.

OWASP Africa is *SO* happening - I found additional support in AppSec
APAC_2013. I know that there is incredible security talent already in
Africa; and one of the objectives I believe is to develop a mature
speaking circuit of security speakers throughout Africa. It would make
it much easier for external speakers like Jim Manico, and many others I
can think of as well; if when they goto Africa they can not only see
Africa but speak in at least 7 countries to ensure the economics of it.
So far I know we have the following:

Egypt (I know - Egypt is the middle east, but it is on the African
continent)
Morocco
Ghana
Kenya
Nigeria
Sudan
South Africa

All of these countries are chomping at the bit; and 3 of the governments
have approached me directly! In direct answer to Dave, I think it is a
very interesting idea of including Andalucia / Portugal (where I am
currently) as potential sources for not only speakers - but perhaps also
as OWASP destinations for circuit speakers before they make the hop into
Africa?

Dennis

--
[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc
[Email me](mailto:dennis.groves at owasp.org) or [schedule a

*This email is licensed under a [CC BY-ND
3.0](http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/deed.en_GB) license.*

**Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents.**
Send [OpenDocument](http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/) instead!
Stand up for your freedom to install [free
software](http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot/statement).