[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Top 10 - Proposal for a Temporary Injunction

Jerry Hoff jerry at owasp.org
Tue Feb 26 21:56:16 UTC 2013

Hello all,

Considering most appsec professionals live and die by the Top 10 - getting community support behind the methodology, data, trends and statistics that should go into the Top 10 is vital.

Exactly as Michael says below, the mailing list is devoid of information - for something as critical to OWASP as the top 10, this seems to contradict completely the open discussion in the community.

I'm looking forward to the wiki which will hopefully shed some light on the process, but I still firmly believe that there needs to be a community wide discussion on:

	1. The methodology (once released, a discussion around "is this the proper methodology)
	2. Data and data sources
	3. Trends
	4. A more diverse panel to finalize a true OWASP Top 10 - 2013 which reflects as accurately as possible the true ranking of current web appsec risks

Jeff, Dave - you guys more than anyone have contributed to the overall awareness of applications security.  It is in everyone's interest - including the OWASP community and the developer community - to ensure the Top 10 is as accurate as possible.  Isn't opening the Top 10 to a more diverse set of security professionals in the interests of us all?

Folks - this is important.  This is not just any OWASP project, this is the top 10.  The decisions made here, about this issue, will impact the security of people worldwide.  We should take the time and put in the effort to make sure, as a community, that we get this right!

Leaders this is very important.  Please chime in and make your voice heard on this issue.

Jerry

--
Jerry Hoff
@jerryhoff