[Owasp-leaders] Leading Effective Change

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Thu Feb 21 23:27:59 UTC 2013

Thanks Michael for your opinion, here is mine to add to it;

"When needed, manage to policy, when no policy is available discuss. if the outcome requires written guidance, create and draft the initiative (usually by the person raising the issue with passion) float for rough consensus to the wider community with influencing facts including and not limited to legal, moral, petition results (aka Public survey) and written response/comment period.

When ready add as motion as new business at a monthly board meeting, so the elected by membership officers can vote as proxy representatives to the effective action then apply it globally to all moving forward while providing a window of "compliance" #OWASP

Shouting does not work, creating work for others does not work in building a better mousetrap and professional association that anyone will respect or be proud to be a member of as a participant, member or employee.

My 5-cents, look forward to seeing you at RSA next week.