[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Top 10 - 2013 Release Candidate Now Available

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Feb 20 07:40:13 UTC 2013


> I would suggest having a dedicated page in the wiki that list project sponsors instead of having logos everywhere. 

This is the kind of compromise over vendor-neutrality that I can get behind.

I am not at all anti-vendor, I just want our community - especially leaders - to respect ethical boundaries that were set by the founders years ago.

We have conferences with vendor showcases, that is not going to stop. We have "networking" events where vendors are allowed to participate. We have wonderful corporate sponsors who we place on our website. These are all reasonable OWASP/vendor relations.

The devil is in the detail, and I agree we need to work on better "use and abuse" cases to make these boundaries a lot more clear to the community.

Respectfully,
--
Jim O'Manic
@Manicode



On 2/19/13 2:03 PM, Amro wrote:
> I would suggest having a dedicated page in the wiki that list project sponsors instead of having logos everywhere. 
> 
> My 2 cents.  
> Sent from BlackBerry®. Excuse typo's and brevity.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Konstantinos Papapanagiotou <konstantinos at owasp.org>
> Sender: owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org
> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 22:31:29 
> To: psiinon<psiinon at gmail.com>
> Cc: OWASP Leaders<owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org>
> Subject: Re: [Owasp-leaders] OWASP Top 10 - 2013 Release Candidate Now
> 	Available
> 
> _______________________________________________
> OWASP-Leaders mailing list
> OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders
> 
> _______________________________________________
> OWASP-Leaders mailing list
> OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders
> 


> I would suggest having a dedicated page in the wiki that list project sponsors instead of having logos everywhere. 
> 
> My 2 cents.  
> Sent from BlackBerry®. Excuse typo's and brevity.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Konstantinos Papapanagiotou <konstantinos at owasp.org>
> Sender: owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org
> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 22:31:29 
> To: psiinon<psiinon at gmail.com>
> Cc: OWASP Leaders<owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org>
> Subject: Re: [Owasp-leaders] OWASP Top 10 - 2013 Release Candidate Now
> 	Available
> 
> _______________________________________________
> OWASP-Leaders mailing list
> OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders
> 
> _______________________________________________
> OWASP-Leaders mailing list
> OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
> https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-leaders
> 



More information about the OWASP-Leaders mailing list