[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Top 10 - 2013 Release Candidate Now Available

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Tue Feb 19 13:34:07 UTC 2013

Here let me help you Dennis/Jim with intent.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/How_to_Start_an_OWASP_Project

If this linked procedure outlined the process and what is acceptable then expectations and examples
can be managed to.

The email question sent to Jim off-list (not the 700+ folks on this thread now)
was to identify where we could reference the proper attribution and acknowledgement
prior to such harsh slamming of long time other volunteers that I see as
destructive and manic behavior

As always your welcomed to your opinion on the role of a
elected board member, I disagree with your police comment.
The primary purposes of the board of directors (all of them)
is to ensure the organization is on track with regard to meeting its goals,
as well as to craft policies in support of those goals.
Nonprofit organizations are operated by two distinct groups: the board of directors,
which determines policies and plans, and the organization staff, which carries out plans and implements policies.

Or perhaps I just prefer not to be harsh with people over email
to people out of professional courtesy https://www.owasp.org/index.php/About_The_Open_Web_Application_Security_Project#Core_Values
as we are all on the same team if we really
want to get anything constructive accomplished.