[Owasp-leaders] Moving to Global Initiatives Program & Retiring Committee Structure

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Feb 19 12:40:37 UTC 2013

The full time staff had two interactive meetings to discuss this in
detail. The problem is that most committees were getting stagnant and
were often a big barrier for volunteers to help since committee goals
were often daunting. The new "global initiatives" is a way for
volunteers to sign up for discrete tasks with clear goals.

So by all means keep going! CISO survey global initiative, BITS global
initiative, etc. That way •anyone• can sign up to support different
initiatives without having to formally join a committee.

This was driven by the staff and I supported it. Let's get Sarah Baso
into the conversation, she can explain the details of this better than
I.

Aloha,

--
Jim Manico