[Owasp-leaders] Moving to Global Initiatives Program & Retiring Committee Structure

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Tue Feb 19 00:45:49 UTC 2013

On 18 Feb 2013, at 22:53, Eoin wrote:

> As a board member it think it is only correct to say that
>
> Dissolving a committee is only in name. For example the Industry
> committee
> is active, energetic and has an impressive cast of members.
>
> I certainly don't think such a grouping of people should disbanded due
> their "Banner" being dissolved.
>
> After all OWASP is just people, does not matter what team or group or
> committee you are involved in. You can do (nearly) anything you want
> and
> have the time to do it.

Great points, but the 'nearly' anything is exactly what needs to be
worked out. For example the 'Ethics' thread has a wealth of proposed
'rules for engagement' with OWASP; many of which seem like common sense
and just plain good behaviour. But obviously not all board members agree
since some are behaving incongruent with the mission of the
organisation...

--
[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc
[Email me](mailto:dennis.groves at owasp.org) or [schedule a

*This email is licensed under a [CC BY-ND
3.0](http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/deed.en_GB) license.*

**Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents.**
Send [OpenDocument](http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/) instead!
Stand up for your freedom to install [free
software](http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot/statement).