[Owasp-leaders] Vendor Neutrality

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Thu Feb 14 15:46:02 UTC 2013

> People need the ability to promote themselves or their company to some extent, as long as it is not "blatant abuse" of the brand which needs to be defined [and enforced] if not done so already.

I think this is fair. The devil is in the details. This is why I
started this thread as a request for data and idea collection. If
anyone has suggested "use cases" and "abuse cases" for OWASP brand
use, please send them my way. I think it's time we expanded upon and
clarified what vendor neutrality means at OWASP, and set up better
processes to report brand use concerns in a more effective way.

Although I think this is a great and important conversation, calling
Tom out on the leaders list was probably not the best way to go about
this.

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode