[Owasp-leaders] Vendor Neutrality

Paolo Perego thesp0nge at owasp.org
Thu Feb 14 15:19:50 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Eric Sheridan <eric.sheridan at owasp.org>wrote:

> I'm fairly certain everybody (no exclusions) uses OWASP to promote their
> own agenda, whether it be to sell a product, sell a service, push a
> topic, enforce some sexy new attack name or yet another taxonomy... or

Eric, before making such a strong statement take every single project
leader and prove your accuses or fine tune your writing.
I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of respectable security professionals
still honoring the O as Open and that makes a clear distinction between
their job that pay bills and their Owasp contribution.

companies or individual consultants. Even folks on this list who give
> away "free" classes are simply obtaining contacts for consultancy and
> product sales down the road.

This is pretty different than being not vendor independent.

> Accept this and move on...

Completely disagree.
I'm pretty sure that Tom would explain his point of view but
the philosophy "let all of us use the brand Owasp in the way we love most
since we must pay bills" is something I don't think is in the original idea
of the Owasp itself.

Please, any board member can confirm that Eric's vision is correct?

Paolo

--
"... static analysis is fun, again!"

OWASP Orizon project leader, http://github.com/thesp0nge/owasp-orizon