[Owasp-leaders] Vendor Neutrality

Eric Sheridan eric.sheridan at owasp.org
Thu Feb 14 14:56:03 UTC 2013

I'm fairly certain everybody (no exclusions) uses OWASP to promote their
own agenda, whether it be to sell a product, sell a service, push a
topic, enforce some sexy new attack name or yet another taxonomy... or
even sell yourself. OWASP is a huge marketing platform for large(r)
companies or individual consultants. Even folks on this list who give
away "free" classes are simply obtaining contacts for consultancy and
product sales down the road.

Nobody works for free. People need the ability to promote themselves or
their company to some extent, as long as it is not "blatant abuse" of
the brand which needs to be defined if not done so already.

Accept this and move on...

Sincerely,
Eric Sheridan
(twitter) @eric_sheridan