[Owasp-leaders] Vendor Neutrality

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Thu Feb 14 01:37:56 UTC 2013

Hey folks,

Please see the email at the bottom of this message.

This email hit the NYC chapter list today and we discussed it through the board list earlier. I feel this is an abuse of the OWASP brand and vendor neutrality rules to some degree, but other board members politely disagreed with me. That's fair.

Can you please chime in here? Am I off-base or do you feel this is OWASP brand or vendor neutrality abuse?

I know this is a specific example, but I think it's very important to the organization. So far, I feel like I stand alone when complaining about these situations and I'd appreciate your feedback. If you have the time, please click deeper into the email below and investigate a bit.

I am happy to back away from the issue of vendor neutrality if you think I am off base.

Thanks all,
Jim Manico
@Manicode
(808) 652-3805

***********

From: Tom Brennan <tomb at owasp.org>
Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:56 PM
To: "OWASPNYCMETRO-announce at meetup.com" <OWASPNYCMETRO-announce at meetup.com>
Subject: [OWASPNYCMETRO] NYC March 13th Training

Its coming....INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING IN NYC

Details: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/NYC

As a special introduction to the SpiderLabs instructor led course I would like to extend to you a $500 discount code “TRUSTWAVE_500OFF” to be used during check-out.

Hack Your Own Code: Advanced Training for Developers (2 Day Training Course)
This class provides security developers an exciting chance to hone their programming skills while also learning to exploit common web vulnerabilities.

For more information on the (3) training classes available visit:

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/NYC

Have additional questions?

Call 973-202-0122 to discuss