[Owasp-leaders] EU Cybersecurity plan to protect open internet and online freedom and opportunity

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Sat Feb 9 13:00:12 UTC 2013

Hey hey,

yep, there was a meeting on Feb-07 and some press releases afterwards. A
colleague of mine from the Security Directorate at the IETF was there
and gave me some info during the meeting and afterwards, that they are
having a plan to "it seems that a coordination task-force from the MSP
is being set up for 'Cyber security and Privacy'."
But the charter seemed to be "vague to non-available." :-(
(IEEE is joining this security group, W3C is not.)

If you want to look at some of the docs they have in the queue:
http://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/news-redirect/9589

Having read most of the docs, the number of pages is large (as not
uncommon for EU papers), but the vision so far is not excitingly
specific. As there may be a good synergy between my IETF Sec-Dir and
OWASP GIC roles, I would try to get us (OWASP) closer in on this,
specifically as I believe it could be good for OWASP to make us heard
here. But if there are others already on it, please let me know and I
will be happy to save some time. ;-)

Cheers, Tobias

Tobias Gondrom
Chair of the Global Industry Committee