[Owasp-leaders] Security Awareness Materials

Mauro Flores mauro.flores at owasp.org
Tue Feb 5 11:21:10 UTC 2013

It's a great idea!! But I think we should also include awareness about
protecting personal privacy on the internet, specially focused on social
networks. Is incredible the information people post there that can be
used for many fraud and other ilegal stuff (virtual kidnap, social
engineering, etc).
Here in Uruguay this year we are starting an small pilot. We are going
to visit some secondary schools (between 11 and 17 years old student) to
give them some guidelines about the responsable use of social networks
and make then realize that the personal information they post is mostly
public if they don't take the proper measures. We will be also having
some parents meetings to talk to them how can they guide they kids in
the responsable use of Internet.
I'm starting to prepare some materials for this... maybe when I finish
we can include them on this project.

regards, Mauro Flores