[Owasp-leaders] AppSec In Africa

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Sat Feb 2 21:09:46 UTC 2013

I have my hat in this ring as well, with OWASP Ghana.

In fact, Africa is *SO* big you can fit the rest of the world inside it,
and I think people forget how big Africa is. I think it is imperative to
build very strong support for OWASP Africa - we need to organise speaker
exchanges within Africa to give traveling talks; much like they do in
the the EU; America's and Asia. I think it starts by organising all the
OWASP African chapters to have an OWASP Africa Summit; to figure out how
we build support and grow OWASP Africa.

What are your thoughts?

--
[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc
[Email me](mailto:dennis.groves at owasp.org) or [schedule a

*This email is licensed under a [CC BY-ND
3.0](http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/deed.en_GB) license.*

**Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents.**
Send [OpenDocument](http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/) instead!
Stand up for your freedom to install [free
software](http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot/statement).