[Owasp-leaders] 2 Million Dollars

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Fri Dec 6 21:03:00 UTC 2013

Well, not so fast , because ...

"DARPA is soliciting innovative proposals from teams that will develop and
field* autonomous Cyber Reasoning Systems* capable of comprehending and
protecting software during a live exercise. Specifically excluded is
research that primarily results in evolutionary improvements to the
existing state of practice."

The DARPA Cyber Grand Challenge will utilize a series of competition events
to test the abilities of a new generation of fully automated cyber defense
systems. During a final competition event, automated Cyber Reasoning
Systems will compete against each other in real time. This event will be
held in a public setting and documented for research purposes.

This smells Artificial intelligence ...