[Owasp-leaders] September Global Chapter Meetup

Yvan Boily yvanboily at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 17:04:34 UTC 2013

Hi Josh,

Unless there is a compelling reason to use GoToWebinar, I would prefer to
continue with Hangouts On Air for a couple of reasons:
* Ease of managing media
While running the OWASP meeting with Jonathon this month I was able to
quickly, easily, and without disruption, change video and audio capture
devices to switch between the external camera and mic on Raymond and the
built in camera and headset I was using.  In addition it was easy for
Jonathon to manage to control the session in terms of which user had focus
and what was on screen.  This didn't require any software other than what
was already required for Google Hangouts (which I routinely use in
community facing work at Mozilla).

* Live streaming
Users who intend to watch the stream can very easily just go to youtube.
No software required, no account necessary.  Can't get more open than that
:D

* Turn around time
Editing and uploading videos (and transcoding if you use other tools) takes
a fair amount of time.  With the on air stuff I am not entirely sure what
Jonathon had to do after the fact, but the video is streamed and recorded
on youtube, so I expect it is just an editing of meta data issue.

The only drawback that I know of is that there are fewer direct channels
for interaction, but given that the intention is to support a large
audience I would prefer to have a moderated interactive chat used for
questions instead, which I hope to have arranged for the 15th.