Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Fri Aug 30 12:09:31 UTC 2013

I find myself wondering why we created a new platform for this rather than
using the forums at http://my.owasp.org?  That system already had an
existing user base, provides the ability to be updated on new posts via
e-mail, and provides a better interface for tracking and searching past
conversations than the mailing list.  Plus, it can be indexed by search
engines so that others can read and or participate in the conversation.
Seems a bit redundant in my opinion, but I'm happy that it's seen some
success.

~josh