[Owasp-leaders] The Community Vote

Martin Knobloch martin.knobloch at owasp.org
Thu Aug 29 10:02:52 UTC 2013

Hi Fabio, et all,

As Fabio, I am running for a seat in the OWASP Global Board too.

Personally, I concur with Eoin's statement. It is not doable to have a
Community Vote on every issue.
That is, let's say as in politics, what you elect your board for. To
represent the communities interest!

Of course, as good politicians (and I do not want into discussion about the
existing of such) should to, the board members are hold to inform and
validate the communities opinion, they represent.

For major questions I can see a voting in determine the communities
opinion, e.g. hot topics the question of "OWASP Certifications". But we
need clear rules and guidelines on the how. Problem always will be, how to
make this most open, honest and valid to prevent abuse or "those who shout
the loudest" become the the only heard.

My vision of OWASP in one sentence:  Community driven, board guided,
employees supported!

Cheers,
-martin