[Owasp-leaders] The Community Vote

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed Aug 28 21:53:16 UTC 2013

I like the concept, but what if, instead of giving one Board member a
community vote (ie. everyone summed up into 1/7th of the voting), we just
influenced the Board to put more of the decisions in the hands of the
members?  Maybe, for important issues that can change the course of the
organization, we add them to the vote at the same time of year when we
elect new Board members?  It would be like electing a President; as opposed
to electing a member of Congress.

The idea that some group of individuals knows what the majority wants is
pretty comical.  As an example, the Board has made numerous decisions
affecting our Chapters with a minority of those voting even serving as
Chapter Leaders.  Never even consulting the current Chapter leaders on the
decision process or how their decision affects them.  I like your idea of
giving the power back to the people Fabio, but I'd like to see it go even
further than that.

Sincerely,

Josh Sokol