[Owasp-leaders] [SAMM] Fwd: ISO/IEC 27034

Yvan Boily yvanboily at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 09:46:51 UTC 2013

> > The best way to have an official access to the working draft will be that
> > OWASP ask to have an official liaison with ISO/SC27. In that way, OWASP
> will
> > be alloud to provide official comments ond contribution to the project.
> By
> > the way, other ISO standard projects may also be interesting for OWASP.
>
> I do not believe OWASP (as an organisation) can ever contribute
> resources and other effort to work that is against the principle of
> "free & open". At least that is my understanding.

I strongly disagree.  Open projects and organizations can easily contribute
to closed standards, and in fact, such participation is required if an Open
organization is to remain relevant in a field dominated by commercial
instance.

The flag in the ground should be on our contributions and the work we
produce; those in the discussion of , and discussion of the contributions
that OWASP members make can remain open, even if the standard is closed.

If we have a chance to get a seat at the table we owe it to our community
to speak for them.

Cheers,
Yvan