[Owasp-leaders] Sydney OWASP and the ~Content Creation~ Journey

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Wed Aug 21 02:51:06 UTC 2013

Sweet, I love the 'old skool' hacking - back when I was a kid we had to
reverse engineer, disassembling and debug our video games!

How about you and I work on putting it into the
github.com/OWASP/<project_name> repository.

Dennis

On 20 Aug 2013, at 17:28, Norman Yue wrote:

> Hi Internet-friends!
>
> The Sydney chapter is kicking off again, and to be honest, the
> experience
> has been a bit hit and miss so far. The meetups thing only seems to
> work
> when there's someone around to create and deliver content, and let's
> face
> it, with people having day jobs and all, that's not always going to
> happen.
> So we started making our own content: a month or so ago, I asked if
> anyone
> else didn't know anything about Mac OS X reverse engineering and
> wanted to
> learn. A few people put their hands up, and from then, we've been
> having
> weekly meetups to work together on understanding fat binaries, Mach-O
> and
> whatnot.
>
> This particular experiment has been an unmitigated success. I know
> it's not
> technically "web" but it's ~content~ and has people interested, so
> good
> enough for me - and I want to share it with everyone else.
>
> The source code is available at github.com/CreateRemoteThread/macosx
> (is
> there somewhere I can stick it with an OWASP logo?), and the
> overarching
> goal of the project is to write a (good/usable) Mac OS X disassembler
> +
> debugger, and in the process learn heaps about Mac OS X executable
> format
> and process stuff. It's a learning experience for all of us so please
> excuse the quality of the code, and I use emacs ("use" in the broadest
> sense of the term) so excuse the derp formatting. If any of you other
> chapter leaders, or your chapter members are interested in
> collaborating on
> this, or would like more information, please do drop me a line and we
> can
> work something out :)

[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc
[Email me](mailto:dennis.groves at owasp.org) or [schedule a
meeting](http://goo.gl/8sPIy).

     Unless someone like you...cares a whole awful lot...
     nothing is going to get better...It's not."
                                             -- The Lorax