[Owasp-leaders] OWASP PPTX presentation template - propose to change/revise

Colin Watson colin.watson at owasp.org
Fri Aug 16 08:11:22 UTC 2013

Tobias

Well said.

Would it be worth documenting "requirements" in one place on the wiki
for new/future templates?  I think there was some comment when this
one appeared, but can't find the correspondence. New ones should have
some sort of review before adoption.

Other "Top 15" comments:

- Needs licence info on (every?) page
- Needs copyright statement on title page
- Needs space for author names, event name, date and location (like an
older template had, but now gone)
- Needs page numbers
- Must not encourage corporate logo addition
- Background "violet" on home page does not go all the way up to the
swish - if kept, needs fixing
- Not enough space for titles on normal pages (Allow for long and
wrapping titles)
- Normal pages must have a white background - not shaded at all
- Default font sizes are scarily large, and should be smaller
- No background images behind body text (there are none on this, but
there were in a previous incarnation)
- Consider small OWASP logo and abbreviated name in footer only of normal pages
- Dislike "lock" images - very clichéd
- Ensure all designs are copyright OWASP, and we have the ability to
re-use/distribute etc at no cost
- Obtain licensing details for any stock images included, and keep
them for the record
- Set default document properties

Apart from that it's fine!

It would also be interesting to test a new template, how easy it is to
import an existing well-used deck, and also check that a typical
presentation "works" in the new template.

Colin