[Owasp-leaders] [GSoC Mentors] Google Summer of Code Doc Camp 2013 - Call for Proposals

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Tue Aug 6 12:19:27 UTC 2013

I started a 'pitch deck' around O2. And at one time started a 3 part
handbook about O2. Unfortunately, I have not gotten around to devoting
some time to completing the effort.

The handbook was constructed around a series of 30 exercises:

10 introductory scripting lessons (REPL)
	- how to login to a website
10 intermediate lessons
	- Testing for the OWASP top 10?
10 advanced lessons...
	- static analysis with O2?

I would be keen to pick this back up if there is help from others to
make it a reality.

On 6 Aug 2013, at 4:46, Eoin wrote:

> Wow an O2 user guide!!!!
> Are pigs flying :)
>

> On 6 August 2013 12:29, Dinis Cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org> wrote:
>
>> Johanna I think you mean the O2
>> Platform<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_O2_Platform>right?
>> (not the OS Platform)
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Note that there is already a lot of material out there (to base the
>> book
>> on):
>>
>> - http://blog.diniscruz.com/search/label/O2%20Platform - 202 O2
>> Platform related posts
>> - http://o2platform.wordpress.com - 100+ posts
>> - multiple videos:
>> http://blog.diniscruz.com/2012/04/39-o2-platform-videos-with-12k-youtube.html
>>
>> It would be great to have better documentation for the O2 Platform
>> project
>> since it has mature a lot in the last 12 months and it is much easier
>> consume (most of it is even available on the FluentSharp packages
>> available at NuGet <http://www.nuget.org/packages?q=fluentSharp>)
>>
>> Thanks Johanna for pushing this, and btw, it was great to meet you in
>> DefCon, specially our interesting lunch with two
>> strangers<http://blog.diniscruz.com/2013/08/can-you-join-us-for-lunch.html>
>> :)
>>
>> Dinis
>>

>> Dinis Cruz
>>
>> Blog: http://diniscruz.blogspot.com
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/DinisCruz
>> Web: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/O2
>>

>> On 6 August 2013 12:07, Johanna Curiel <johanna.curiel at owasp.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Fabio
>>>
>>> I think Dinis Cruz would be interested in writing a guide on OS
>>> platform,
>>> we spoke about building documentation during the defcon conference
>>>
>>> I would like to submit one for Helping the OS project, anyone wants
>>> join me?
>>>
>>> Fabio, how do we proceed, would you submit this one for us?
>>>

>>> regards
>>>
>>> Johanna
>>>

>>> On Aug 6, 2013, at 5:31 AM, Fabio Cerullo <fcerullo at owasp.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyone interested in the Google Doc Camp?
>>>
>>> It would be a great opportunity for all those OWASP projects who
>>> lack or
>>> want to create documentation (e.g. User manuals, technical specs,
>>> etc).
>>>
>>> The deadline to apply is this Friday.
>>>
>>> Ping me if interested.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Fabio

>>> sector.The Doc Camp will consist of 2 major components - an
>>> unconference
>>> and 2-4 short (3 day) Book Sprints to produce books for the selected
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> The unconference will explore topics proposed by the participants.
>>> Any
>>> topic on free documentation of free software can be proposed for
>>> discussion
>>> during the event.
>>>
>>> Each Book Sprint will bring together 4-5 individuals to produce a
>>> book on
>>> a specific free software project. All participants of the Doc Camp
>>> must
>>> attend a sprint. The books will be launched online in print and
>>> ebook
>>> formats on the final day of the event.
>>>
>>> *Who should come?*
>>> Individuals and free software projects can apply. All individuals
>>> will be
>>> required to work on one of the selected projects to assist their
>>> documentation efforts.
>>>
>>> *How to I get involved?*
>>> Individuals with a passion for free documentation about free
>>> software may
>>> apply to attend by filling out the application form [1] and
>>> submitting
>>> before August 7. Those wishing to attend do not need to be from a
>>> GSoC
>>> project. Accommodation and food will be covered by the GSoC Doc
>>> Camp.
>>> Partial or complete travel costs can also be applied for as part of
>>> the
>>> application process.
>>>
>>> Free software projects of any sort can also apply - they do not need
>>> be GSoC 2013 projects although these may be given preference.
>>>
>>> Projects will be chosen from proposals submitted to the GSoC Doc
>>> Camp
>>> before August 7 through the application form [2]. Project
>>> applications can
>>> nominate up to 5 individuals to attend and participate in the
>>> proposed
>>> sprint. A Project proposal does not have to nominate individuals to
>>> participate - you can also use this as an opportunity to promote
>>> your
>>> project to Doc Camp participants and extend your documentation
>>> community.
>>> If the proposal is accepted the accommodation and food costs will be
>>> covered by the Doc Camp for any listed individuals and part or
>>> complete
>>> travel costs for each can be applied for (if applicable).
>>>
>>> The 2013 GSoC Doc Camp is co-organized by GSoC, Aspiration and FLOSS
>>> Manuals. Unconference facilitation conducted by Allen Gunn, and Book
>>> Sprint
>>> facilitated by Adam Hyde.
>>>

>>> *APPLY HERE:*
>>>

>>> https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDl6QWlMbDFjcVF2Z1EyQ1d1b1NyN1E6MQ#gid=0
>>>

>>> Mary Radomile | Open Source Programs Office |  maryr at google.com |
>>> 650-253-6616
>>>

>>> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Mary Radomile <maryr at google.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> --
>>> Visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-mentors-list.

> --
> Eoin Keary
> OWASP Member
> https://twitter.com/EoinKeary

Dennis
--
[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc
[Email me](mailto:dennis.groves at owasp.org) or [schedule a

     Unless someone like you...cares a whole awful lot...
     nothing is going to get better...It's not."
                                             -- The Lorax