[Owasp-leaders] [owasp-board] Clarification of the OWASP brand usage

Tobias Glemser tobias.glemser at owasp.org
Tue Apr 30 09:42:31 UTC 2013

> this seems a violation of:
> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_brand_usage_rules
It is, at least against 5 and 7 if there's no special agreement. To me the offer looks like some kind of official "OWASP Audit".

I had this issue in the past with several companies here in Germany. For example one WAF-SaaS used even the OWASP Logo as "Feature". Normally no one contravenes the brand usage rules intentionally, so it should be no problem to contact them, explain the problem at make suggestions how to fix it.

Suggestion for the wiki page: To make it easier for vendors etc to show, they know OWASP or handle Top 10 issues we could add examples for "correct usage" of the brand. This also would clarify our own view. I expect there's no real common sense for the right brand usage.

Br

Tobias