[Owasp-leaders] GoToMeeting

Larry Conklin larry.conklin at owasp.org
Sun Apr 28 16:09:25 UTC 2013

I use gotomeeting on a Mac with OS X 10.7.5 with no issues. With
gotomeeting we can share desktops if needed instead of just voice. Also we
can switch who is the host during the meeting. Skype's quality drops after
5 to 6 attendees. If we move off of gotomeeting I would prefer we try
Google meetup.  Other groups in OWASP are using it. That being  said I am
willing to try to use Skype.

Gotomeeeting. Been working very well, Some issue with quality of voice but
that has been the individuals internet connection not GotoMeeting. Lot's of
functionality. Does not have Linux client, Works great with Win and OS X.
Sucks that gotmeeting works on OS X but not Linux.

Skype. Known issues with quality of voice when attendees exceeds 5 to 6
attendees. I have never used it for conference calls. I am unsure of the
functionality it provides on conference calls. Skype works on all platforms
to my knowledge but it is owned by Microsoft. That by itself is not good or
bad. It just is.

Google Meetup. I don't not know  of any issues. Other groups in OWASP are
using it. I have no clue of what functionality it provides on conference
calls. Google Meetup should work on every platform.

Larry