[Owasp-leaders] OWASP's New Executive Director - process?

Rory McCune rorym at nmrconsult.net
Sun Apr 14 14:50:00 UTC 2013

FWIW My 0.02,

As far as I can see the only issue is a slight perception problem around
the announcement process.

The first message that went out could have been read as "OWASP has decided
to have an executive director position and we'll be looking start the
process of filling it"

which meant that the great news of Sarah appointment 4 days later seem
potentially odd (i.e. if there was going to be a process of finding a
candidate for the role and filling it, it would have taken more than 4 days)

What might have worked better is if the announcements of the creation of
the role and Sarah's appointment had been part of the same message or if
the first message had made it clear that the board already had someone in
mind for the role at that point.

So to summarize I don't think (at least as far as I've read) has any
question about the robustness of the process or about who has been
appointed to the role, just that the communications left a gap for a level
of confusion.

HTH

Rory