[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Executive Director Role

Dinis Cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Tue Apr 9 16:43:10 UTC 2013

I think it is great that a decision to add another resource to OWASP super
OpsTeam (the employees) was made, but as I said many times
before<https://twitter.com/DinisCruz/statuses/126805325058818048>
 *I don't think that OWASP needs a CEO/ Executive-Director today.*

For the record, I DO think that one day OWASP will need such position, but
not today. At the moment, my view is that we should be adding resources to
help our Projects or in managing the owasp.org website content.

What we need are another Kate, Sarah, Kelly or Samantha, they still work
FAR too much for OWASP and my worry is that they will implode one day. Not
sure that they need a boss to tell them what to do, if anything I would
delegate to them the powers currently 'assigned' to the Executive Director.

That said, assuming that this hire will go ahead, can we please have the
whole process done in a transparent and open way? And by that I mean that
ALL details about this job should be done via the OWASP wiki (including the
'salary package'). We should also ask all candidates to apply publicly and
to be available to answer questions from the OWASP leaders and members.

Dinis Cruz